Recipe submitted by: Ann Slough
Cream of Tomato Soup
• 1 jar of Dave's Gourmet Organic Red Heirloom Pasta Sauce
• 1 cup heavy whipping cream
• 1½ tsp brown sugar
• 1 tsp Italian seasoning
• ¼ tsp salt
• ⅛ tsp white pepper
• dash of Dave's Roasted Garlic Hot Sauce
• salad croutons
• shredded cheddar cheese
• quartered grape tomatoes
• thinly sliced green onions
1. In a large saucepan, combine the first seven ingredients. Cook and stir over medium heat until heated through (do not boil).
2.If soup is too chunky, feel free to puree the soup in a blender or by using an immersion blender.
3.Garnish with croutons, cheese, tomatoes and/or onions.
Yield: 4 servings.