Butternut Squash Pizza
• 1 cup Dave's Gourmet Butternut Squash Pasta Sauce
• 1 homemade pizza crust
• 2 leeks
• 1 head of garlic (2 heads for garlic lovers!)
• 1 red pepper
• 3 tablespoons brown sugar
• cayenne pepper
• freshly grated parmesan cheese
1. Preheat oven to 400°F. Cut top of garlic off and coat with extra virgin olive oil. Wrap garlic in tin foil. Cook garlic for 30 minutes until cloves are brown in color and soft to the touch. Increase oven temperature to 450°F.
2. Thoroughly wash leeks and cut lengthwise then across as you would chop celery, using only the white part and just a bit of the green stem. In a pan, sauté leeks in extra virgin olive oil and sprinkle with a dash of salt and enough brown sugar (about 3 tbsp.) to caramelize the leeks. When leeks start to brown, add a bit of water and cover. Cook until caramelized. Set aside.
3. Chop enough red pepper into thin slices to cover your pizza. Spread Dave’s Gourmet Butternut Squash Pasta Sauce over top of pizza crust. Sprinkle paprika and cayenne (optional) over the sauce. Add roasted garlic cloves, caramelized leeks, and red pepper slices over top of pizza.
4. Cook on 450°F for 8-10 minutes or until crust is brown. Cooking time may vary depending on your crust. Or make your own homemade pizza crust.
5. Sprinkle with grated parmesan cheese.