Butternut Squash Rigatoni
• ½ cup (or more to suit your taste) Dave's Gourmet Butternut Squash Pasta Sauce
• 1 lb. rigatoni
• 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
• 1 tablespoon sea salt
• Parmesan Reggiano (to taste)
• Fleur de sel
• chopped fresh herbs
1. Bring a pot of water to a rolling boil. Toss in the sea salt, followed by the rigatoni. (Helpful hint: if you’re having trouble keeping the water at a healthy boil, place the lid on the pot to fully or partially cover.) Stir occasionally
2. When the pasta is cooked through, drain while retaining roughly a cup or so of the pasta water. Return the pasta to the pot, and stir in the butternut squash sauce. You may now also add back in a ladleful or two of the hot pasta water, depending on your preference for the thickness of the sauce.
3. Fold the sauce into the pasta, and scoop into bowls. To finish, grate fresh Parmesan over the pasta and drizzle with olive oil. Add a dusting of the chopped herbs and a zing of organic fleur de sel.
Serving ideas: serve as a main dish or as a side.